Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Arizona, what a dry place...


Whew! It's been a long time since I last posted anything. I have been really busy. Shooting, editing, working, fishing, etc.... I shot a couple of bridal sessions here lately, but, I can't post any of them until after the weddings.
I recently went to Arizona for a week. I was installing some new equipment on our EMS / AirEvac base radios in the field. Here are a few pictures from the trip. I put over 1200 miles on the rental car in a week. I was in the saddle a bunch!

The back of the Saturn was full!

This was a first for me. I installed a radio in a Burger King! Actually, the BK is at the bottom of a mountain. They just rent a space from em to put the repeater. The actual radio is up on top of the mountain. It works great, and you can get coffee and food too!

There was still snow up on this mountain. It was really nice up there, except for the fact that I couldn't breathe!! 8,000 foot elevation is not normal for me! (Elevation in Lafayette is 42 feet.)

I sure wish we had tower sites like this here!!

A snapshot of the type of radio I was working on.

Ya don't want to sit on one of these!
I was one hour from the Grand Canyon. I HAD to go. It was worth it. WOW, is all I could say. Photos really can't do it justice.



A non-english speaking tourist took this picture for me.
No, this is not the non-english speaking tourist....just some dummy at one of the bases. No, he was not a pilot either!

There were A10's doing touch and go's all moring at this base.


One of our EMS A-Star's.

Well I hope you enjoyed these pics. I really didn't have much time for photos. I was too busy driving. But it was a fun trip and I learned a buch about our EMS bases. Thanks for looking....Chris

1 comment: